The music industry is at a strange place. No one is quite sure what is going to happen to it in the near- or long-term, but one thing is certain amidst all the doom and gloom and uncertainty:
There has never been a better time to be an independent musician
All of the sales and marketing tools that you need to sell and promote your music have been complelely democratized. You no longer need a major label in order to reach fans from around the world and to earn a living as a musician. All you do need is to learn how to use these tools to do what the major labels have done for years, and that is why we are here.
At MusicIsMyDayJob.com, we teach you everything you need to sell and market your music as an independent artist in the 21st Century, whether you are just starting out in your bedroom or already performing 200 gigs a year. At MusicIsMyDayJob.com, we will specifically help you to:
- expand your audience
- earn revenue from your music
- focus your marketing efforts to get results
- discover new promotional tools and applications
- quit your day job!
About Jared Covington
My name is Jared, and I’m a music geek.
Unlike many music geeks, however, I was able to turn my love of music into a career.
My experience includes:
- Selling music directly to retail accounts
- Crafting creative marketing and sales plans for both developing and established artists
- Working closely with both national and independent reatailers, as well as with hundreds of artists and managers
- Developing extensive new media and online marketing campaigns, as well as new music products
- Interviewing more than 100 artists for dozens of various very popular podcasts
- Training others to use technology to sell and promote music
(Visit LinkedIn for all of the details)
Now, I use that experience to help independent musicians learn what they need to stay independent, helping them to earn a living from doing what they love, and helping them to do it on their terms. I do this through this website (MusicIsMyDayJob.com) as well as via one-on-one coaching and consulting for both bands and individual artists.
Thanks for stopping by–please introduce yourself!